Working/functioning of QEC has the following broad scope:
- To promote public confidence that quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- To review quality standards of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- Review academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- To define clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out.
- To develop qualification framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification i.e., Graduate, Post-Graduate and Doctoral.
- To develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- Develop Quality Assurance process and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development.
- To ensure that the university’s Quality Assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- To develop procedures such as approval of new programs, annual monitoring of programs and faculty, student feedback, subject review and institutional assessment.