1. The Editor checks each submitted article or invites relevant co-Editor to assess:
a. relevancy of the article to the scope of B&ER
b. that the article is free of gross grammatical and conceptual mistakes
c. that the article makes enough contribution to the literature
d. that the topic is interesting, and is highly relevant to practice
e. that the methods applied are appropriate
2. Submission fee: Authors, having addresses in Pakistan, will pay a submission fee of Rs. 2000 to B&ER. There is no submission fee for authors outside Pakistan.
3. If an article fails to qualify the criteria mentioned in 1(a-e), the Editor will send a rejection email to authors within 15 working days of payment of the submission fee.
4. A maximum number of authors is 3 per article. Authorship cannot be changed after the first review of the paper.
5. If the article is found suitable by the Editor(s), it is sent to a local reviewer. If the local reviewer suggests revise/resubmit, the author(s) will be invited to revise it in light of the reviewer’s comments. If the author(s) submit a revised version within the specified time, the article is then sent to an international reviewer.
6. However, if the authors want that their article is sent simultaneously to both local and foreign reviewers to save time, they must submit $100 or an equivalent amount to B&ER.
7. Each article is checked for a similarity index using Turnitin®. An article having a similarity index of 14% in total and/or 4% with a single source will be rejected.
8. The Editor might ask authors to submit datasets in case enough doubt is expressed by a reviewer on the validity of the results.
9. Authors cannot use self-citations more than 5 times in a single paper.
10. In case of grammatical mistakes, the authors may be asked to get the paper proofread by a professional, along with proofreading certificate.
11. In a single issue, an author cannot publish two papers, regardless of whether the author is the principal or a co-author.
12. Publication fee: The journal charges a publication fee of Rs. 4000 per article. In return, the Editor will send a free copy of the journal to each author. There is no publication fee for authors outside Pakistan.
13. Article withdrawal fee: Authors shall be required to reimburse the expenses associated with the reviewing process (Rs. 10,000 or $100) in the following circumstances:
a. If the paper was sent for a review and the reviewer suggested “revise and resubmit”, however, the author(s) fail to submit a revised draft within the stipulated time. In such cases, the Editor will send two reminders to the authors with a deadline of 3 days. If the Editor does not receive any response from the authors, the authors will be blacklisted for future submissions.
b. If the author(s) decide to withdraw their paper at a stage when the paper has already been sent for the review.
c. If the authors were found to have submitted the article to other journals.
The Business & Economic Review maintains online records of all published articles on its website.The journal also supports wide dissemination of the research it publishes. Authors are free to post copies of the final published version on any online repositories or other web sites
Authors sign an exclusive license agreement, where authors have copyright but license exclusive rights in their article to the publisher. In this case authors have the right to:
The journal editors will retract a paper if:
Journal editors will issue an expression of concern if:
Journal editors will consider issuing a correction certificate if:
Retractions are not appropriate if:
Notices of retraction would: