PhD in Management Program
The PhD in Management program of IMSciences aims to equip students with a depth of knowledge and research skills so as to enable them to successfully pursue careers in research, industry and higher educational intuitions. IMSciences highly emphasizes on quality of its PhD program and offers the finest resources in academia and deep impacted research with learning independence in class rooms through outstanding faculty.
The program will help the public and private sector teachers, researchers and executives to improve their academic qualification, research capacity, and practical application. The doctoral degree will be offered in three major disciplines (Finance, Marketing, and Human Resource).
Eligibility for Admission
MS/MPhil (with Thesis) degree or 18 years of education in a subject relevant to the field of study with consistently good academic record and a minimum of 60% marks in the annual system or CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.00 in the semester system.
Students who have done MS without thesis may be considered for admission in the PhD program, if they submit either a published paper in an HEC recognized journal as a principal author or conduct a research thesis equivalent to 6 credit hours.
A minimum of 60% marks in the GAT-Subject test conducted by the National Testing Service (NTS). All candidates seeking admission to the PhD program are required to provide the GAT-Subject score.
student admitted to the PhD program will be required to complete eighteen (18) credit hours of course work and thirty six (36) credit hours of research work culminating in a thesis. A number of non-credit research seminars will be the part of the program to significantly improve the research capacity of the scholars. The minimum period for completion of PhD program will be three (3) years, whereas the maximum period shall be six (6) years.
Those students who have carried out course work at another institute/university and have completed the course work of equivalent standard/ credit may opt for exemption.
The scheme of the courses and the semester wise breakup of the PhD program are given below.
Course work : 18 Credit Hours
Thesis : 36 Credit Hours
Total Credit Hours for PhD Program :54 Credit Hours
Semester Wise Breakup of Courses
|1||MSM 0891||Advance Statistical Techniques||
|2||MSM 0892||Critical Review of Literature||
|3||MSM 0893||Independent Research Study 1||
|1||MSM 0991||Seminar in Management||
|2||MSM 0800||Elective 1||
|3||MSM 0893||Independent Research Study 2||
|total credit hours for semester 2||9|
|total number of credi hours for one year course work||18|
Year Two & Three
|1||MSM 0991||Research Dissertation||
Specializations will be offered in the following fields:
3. Human Resource
1. Theory of Finance
2. Financial Econometrics
3. International Financial Management
4. Financial Risk Management
5. Strategic Management for Financial Managers
6. Macroeconomics and Financial Markets
7. Portfolio Theories and Investment Analysis
8. Managerial Economics
9. Analysis of Financial Statements
11. Seminar in Finance
1. Marketing Research
2. Consumer Behavior
3. Strategic Product and Brand Management
4. Marketing Strategy: Concepts and Practices
5. Data Analysis for Management Applications
6. Seminar in Marketing
7. International Marketing
8. Internet Marketing
9. Strategic Marketing Issues in Business
10. Marketing for Non-profit Organizations
1. Staff Compensation Management
2. Strategic Planning and HRM Challenges
3. Organizational Diagnosis and Transformation
4. Consulting in Human Resource Management
5. Directed Research in Human Resource
6. Salary and Compensation Management
7. Case Studies in HRM
8. Conflict and Negotiation Management
9. Change Management
10. International HRM Challenges
11. Performance Evaluation
12. Workforce Diversity Management (WDM)
13. Decision Making Techniques for Managers
14. Organizational Development